Wednesday, August 25, 2021

New Goal


 

On March 20th of this year, three weeks before my 69th birthday, I purchased a bicycle. At that time, it had been about 40 years since I last rode one. On that day, I had hoped that I'd be able to ride the bicycle from the bicycle shop to my house.....no such luck. I hadn't ridden very far before I was too winded to go further.

Not one to give up, I began a daily ride along the Diversion Rd. in Sibulan. My goal was to increase the distance I traveled each ride. There were times, in the beginning, when I could not make it from our house to the end of the Diversion Road in Camanjac without stopping to catch my breath before going on.

I've slowly built up my stamina - every increasing the distance, until now, a morning ride of 10 kilometers is normal for me.

This morning, for the first time, I decided to take note of the time it took for me to ride those 10K. I made the 10K ride in about 48 minutes, making my average speed 12.5 kilometer per hour. I don't know how to evaluate that speed, all things considered. I wasn't going full bore the entire ride, but I was certainly tired at the end.

10 kilometers seems like a good daily distance for me, so I've decided that now, rather than continue to increase my distance, I will go the 10K daily and strive to increase my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment