Friday, August 27, 2021

Dog Food Run


 

When it comes to exercise, whether it's weight training or cycling, I believe one should strive to push oneself to new limits. That is the motivation behind my past two days of hard going 10 kilometer bike rides.
I'm also a firm believer in getting the proper rest. One doesn't push ones body every day without giving thought to slowing down or resting from time to time.

So today, rather than do a 10K ride for a third day in a row, I decided to do a somewhat easier run to the Gentle Paws Pet Store in Sibulan to purchase dry dog food. The total distance, back and forth would be just 5.6 kilometers - far less than my daily rides of late.
Although I had no idea when the pet store opened, I knew it would be pointless to leave out at my normal riding time of 6 AM. I decided, instead to leave the house around 7:30. That would give me time to have a caffè mocha and a couple of pieces of whole wheat toast before heading out.
Of course, the store was closed when I arrived. The cashier at Mercury Drug said she believed the pet store opens at 8:00. It was nearly that - I wouldn't have long to wait. I could sit in front of Mercury Drug.


There were two boys hanging around out front. They try making tips by placing pieces of card board on the seats of motorcycles that park in front of either the drug store or pet store. This is done to keep the hot sun off the seats, although this isn't really necessary at 8:00 in the morning. Most people will give them a peso or two.

I wanted to take a few photos of the boys, but they weren't having it.


When the pet store opened, I went inside, bought two 1 kilo packages of dry dog food and chatted with the employee for a few minutes before I headed back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment