Friday, August 6, 2021

Friday's Morning Ride


 

It's seems to me slightly ironic that I should ride my bicycle to pick up my blood pressure medication, but that it just what I did this morning when I rode to Mercury Drug in Sibulan. Exercise is supposed to help lower blood pressure, but it hasn't done that in my case.

According the Google Maps, the distance traveled there and back is 6.4 kilometers; that's certainly no record for me, but it is well above my daily goal of a minimum 5K.

When I reached the National Hwy. directly across from the drug store, I wisely dismounted and walked my bike across the highway at the crosswalk. Fortunately for me, there is a handicap rail outside the drugstore, so I was able to lock up my bicycle before going inside. As I mentioned in a post not long after I purchased this bicycle, I've had two bicycles stolen from me, and now I'm especially careful.

I returned home, none the worse for wear. As a matter of fact, I'm feeling pretty darn good now, enjoying a coffee, sitting at my pc under the AC.

No comments:

Post a Comment