Thursday, August 19, 2021

A Slightly Different Route


I wanted do an alternate route this morning for my daily bicycle ride. I haven't ridden up the Diversion Road in a while, so that would be one portion. Back in the day when I was regularly riding the Diversion Road, I would keep the front crank set in "granny gear" on the ride towards Camanjac due to the slight uphill grade. When I began making my morning ride thru Tubtubon to Gas & Go, I kept the crank set in 2nd....adding a bit of resistance. This morning, I put the crank set in 2nd for my ride up Diversion Road. This was my second time doing this along Diversion Road, and it was quite a ride.

Rather than head back along the same road, I took a left in Camanjac, and then another left along the old two lane road that runs parallel to the Diversion Road. Upon reaching the intersection at Smiles on Demand call center, I took a right to the Tubtubon Brgy. hall.

Turning around at the brgy. hall, I took the most direct route home.

It's my habit, when posting about my morning ride, to include a screen shot of the route taken from Google Maps. Due to the peculiarities of Google Maps, I've had to put today's route into 3 sections. First, from our house to the end of the Diversion Road at Rovira Drive - a distance of 2.6 kilometers. Second, from the Diversion Road at Rovira Drive to the Brgy. hall in Tubtubon - also a distance of 2.6 kilometers. Finally, from the Brgy. hall to our house - 1.6 kilometers.

The total distance for today's ride was 6.8 kilometers, slightly less than my now regular ride to Gas & Go gas station. 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment