Saturday, March 20, 2021

Old Man. New Bicycle.


 

For several months, I've been wanting to buy a bicycle. I finally bought one this morning, just a few days after the Biden Bucks arrived in our bank account.

I'm less than a month away from my 69th birthday, and this is the first time I've ridden a bicycle in 40 years. I knew I'd have a rough time, but I'm not in as fine shape as I thought I was. It's about 1.5 miles from the bicycle shop where I purchased the bike to our place in Magatas. I honestly thought I'd be able to go the distance.....but no such luck. I didn't get far before I was completely winded and unable to go farther.

My wife and I put the bicycle in the car, and we drove home. I see now that it will take several days of riding before I'll be able to go any good distance to speak of.

Slowly but surely....a little more each morning.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment