Monday, August 2, 2021

A Murder is Announced

Agatha Christie's Crooked House was the last novel to make it to July's Reading List. As I noted in an earlier post, Ms. Christie had written, in the foreword to that novel, that it was one of her favorites. Although I wouldn't put it as one of my all time favorites, I did enjoy the book.

As July turned to August, I began reading Christie's A Murder is Announced. This novel is part of the Miss Marple canon and I actually enjoyed it much more than A Crooked House .

According to wikipedia, this novel was promoted as Christie's 50th book. As I write this, A Murder is Announced. will be the 46th of her books read by me. There are four previous books, under the pen name Mary Westmacott which are not available at the website I use to download her books. Had I been able to find the Mary Westmacott novels, then I'd be at #50.

No comments:

Post a Comment