Friday, October 16, 2020

You Call This a Road?


One topic which I seem to write about most on this blog is my daily, morning walk. Lately, my destination has been to the Tubtubon Barangay hall and back.

According to Google Maps, there are two different routes from my house to the Barangay hall; one shown in blue dots and the second, longer route shown as a gray line. When walking to the Tubtubon Barangay hall, I've always taken the "blue dot route". The distance there and back walking that route is 3.2 km (1.99 miles).

Until recently, I wasn't even aware of the 2nd route. As it turns out, that route goes by the Suplared Gamefarm, although I had no idea where it comes out onto the Camanjac/Magatas road.

This morning, I decided to walk to the barangay hall by way of the "blue dot route" and take the gray colored route on the way home. This would make the total distance 3.7 km (2.3 miles).

The road going to Suplared Gamefarm from Dionesio Calbat Road starts out as a paved road, though not as wide as Dionesio Calbat. The pavement doesn't continue long. A few meters before Suplared Gamefarm the road becomes gravel. It doesn't stay gravel very long. It eventually becomes a dirt road.

Actually, as these photos show, calling it a road may be a bit of an over statement.

As I said, walking to the Tubtubon Barangay hall and back by my normal route is 3.2 km (1.99 miles). If I want to go farther than 2 miles, the walk to the Camanjac Barangay hall and back is 4.2 km (2.6 miles).

The route I took this morning splits the difference, but I wouldn't want to walk that way on a morning, like today, which followed a rainy night.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment