Monday, October 19, 2020

Walking Along The Diversion Road


A couple of years ago, I drove to the end of the Diversion Road, and with the help of a mobile app, I was able to mark the location as "saved" when I'm signed into Google Maps. That was some time ago and I don't recall my motive for doing that at the time, but it has come in handy today.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I like to take my morning walk to a location marked on the map ...... partly in order to measure the distance and partly to be able to have a screen shot of the route taken on my walk. Making a few minor alterations, I was able to document my walk today to where the Diversion Road dead ends. According to Google Maps, the distance, there and back is 4.2 km (2.6 miles). This is the same distance given by Google Maps to and from my house to the Camanjac Barangay hall. Looking at the maps, it's hard for me to believe Google Maps hasn't made a slight error one way or the other.

Just before the Magatas Barangay hall, there is a detour for the Diversion Road. Although the road continues on for two kilometers, after that point, there is no proper exit for the traffic going toward Dumaguete.

One notable difference in the two sections of the Diversion Road, is that in the section where there is less automobile and truck traffic, there are considerably more stray dogs lying in the middle of the road. Obviously, there is less chance of being hit by a car in the less traveled section.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment