Saturday, October 3, 2020

My Current Exercise Routine

At 68 years of age, exercise is an important part of my daily routine, but other than posts containing photos I've taken while on my morning walk, [Flowers - 21 Additional Flower Photos] I haven't written much, on this blog, at least, of just how important it is.

On mornings when it isn't raining, I'm up and out walking around 6 or 7 AM. Until recently, I haven't set on any particular route or starting point or set distance. There are basically five routes I've taken.

Leaving the house, I'll walk the short distance to the road at the Magatas Brgy. Hall. Once at the road, I'll go either to the left or right, depending on how the mood strikes. Should I take the left, I'll walk to the first intersection next to Smiles On Demand call center at which point I will turn left toward Tubtubon or continue straight toward Camanjac.

If, on the other hand, I take a right at the Magatas Brgy. Hall, I'll go to the Diversion Road. At the Diversion Road, I will either walk left toward Camanjac or to the right toward Sibulan. When headed toward Sibulan, I can continue along the Diversion Road or detour along the old Magatas Road.

As I said, until recently, I had no set, every day route or distance. I've now begun a routine of walking to the next Brgy. Hall (in Tubtubon) - a distance of one mile. Of course, walking there and back is two miles.

In addition to my morning walk, I work out with dumbbells on alternating days. Compared to last year's routine, my new dumbbell workout is relatively simple.

(1) Bicep Curls
(2) Bent Rows (for upper back)
(3) Bench Press and Flys (for chest)
(4) Tricep extensions
(5) Front and Lateral Raises (for shoulders)

Because I walk every morning, I don't do an additional leg routine.

I'm hoping that we'll receive another Covid Stimulus check so I can buy a bicycle to replace the morning walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment