Monday, October 12, 2020

If It Ain't Broke.........


 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Fine words to live by.

The pc I use every day is far from new. I might even say that it's from the days when dinosaurs roamed the planet. It's so old that Windows Vista was brand new when I purchased the computer.

There have been several new versions of Windows since those days, but for the most part, I haven't seen the need to update to a newer OS. Like I said, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well the time has finally come to enter the 21st Century.

About a year ago, the pc crashed. As chronicled on my other blog, the tech that got the pc up and running was able to save my files, but sadly I lost my Kindle for PC app as well as my Spotify app. At the time, I couldn't download new versions of those apps because my Vista OS was obsolete as far as Spotify and Amazon were concerned.

The problem with the Kindle app was solved by installing SumatraPDF but I've been without Spotify.

I recently took the pc back to the shop where they installed an SSD and Windows 7. The Windows 7 was a gift from a friend and I didn't have to pay for it.

I'm now back up and everything runs faster. I was able to download a workable version of the Spotify app and I'm able to listen to my music library. I'm listening to Zappa as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment