Monday, October 12, 2020

Don Quixote

I can't exactly recall when I first tried reading Cervantes' Don Quixote. It was most likely when I was very young.....at a time when I hadn't progressed far as a reader. Perhaps early teenage or even earlier.

At any rate, I had developed a prejudice against the novel which has prevented me from taking up the novel again. This prejudice was inspite of my love and appreciation of Picasso's painting of the subject.

While my pc was in the shop, and after I had slogged thru Louisa May Alcott's Little Women, I decided to read Don Quixote. I'm glad I did.

I'm only about 35% into the novel on my Kindle, but it's a page turner.

I'm reading John Ormsby's 1885 translation which I downloaded off Project Gutenberg. It is considered the most scholarly and accurate English translation of the novel up to that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment