Saturday, November 28, 2020

My Acupuncture Treatments


One week ago, I wrote of my beginning acupuncture treatments for sciatica. I was scheduled to receive 10 treatments and the blog post was written after treatment number two. These were scheduled as daily treatments, with the exception of Sundays when the clinic is closed. This past Wednesday was a holiday in Dumaguete, and the clinic was closed that day as well.

The photos posted here were taken by my wife yesterday near the end of treatment number six.

So, after finishing 60% of the scheduled treatments, how do I rate acupuncture?

Although I am not "cured", there is certainly improvement in my condition since the beginning of the acupuncture. I am - for the most part - not experiencing the pain as I was before. The discomfort I feel can best be described as a numbness in my right calf and foot. The worst part of my day is immediately upon awakening. I suppose this is due to my movements during sleep.

The best part of my day is during the actual acupuncture treatment, which,  without question, is the best 30 minutes of my day. I've been asked if the needles hurt. On the contrary; there are 40 acupuncture needles used during each session, and of those 40, I can only feel about 10 of those being inserted. Of those 10, only about 3 or 4 cause any discomfort whatsoever and that discomfort lasts less than a second.

Of course, this is all anecdotal - it's my opinion. I believe the acupuncture has given me some relief from the sciatica.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment