Monday, November 9, 2020

Backlash Against Fox News


 

Breitbart.com is reporting a backlash against Fox News Channel from it's Conservative base, due in part to what many see as "Chris Wallace’s dreadful and dreadfully biased and dishonest role as moderator in the first presidential debate between President Trump and Joe Biden", and after "Fox News maliciously and erroneously called Arizona for Joe Biden on Tuesday night — a state that is still too close to call".

I watched the first debate and I'd call Chris Wallace's role as mostly incompetent rather than biased and dishonest.

As for the Network's Arizona call, that is an editorial decision which may or may not have been premature, but I don't see maliciousness. At any rate, I don't see that Fox's calling Arizona for Biden had any impact on the election. All Network calls are projections and do not officially determine the final result.

I am able to get some programing from Fox News on my cable here in Philippines, but it's very limited. I've never been a Sean Hannity fan and I never watch his program. There was a time when I couldn't stand Tucker Carlson, but I'm more tolerant of him now. The only program I consistently watch is The Five. It's my favorite morning show in Philippines.

I'm sure that there are some die-hard Trump followers who are upset with Fox News. I'm not one of them. Sure, I'm sorry to see Biden in the White House, but I'm not blaming Fox News.

No comments:

Post a Comment