Saturday, July 24, 2021

Personal Best


 

It's been slightly over four months since I purchased my bicycle. I bought the bike a month before my 69th birthday, and I must admit, I found it difficult starting out.

I began my journey to increase my stamina by taking a daily bike ride along the Diversion Road in Sibulan. It certainly wasn't easy in the beginning, but I continued to ride four or five days a week, until I eventually managed to ride to the end of the road in Camanjac and back - a distance of 4 kilometers - regularly.

Looking to go on to a different level, I began, a few days ago biking along a different route past the barangay hall in Tubtubon.

This morning, I accomplished my personal best, by riding well past the barangay hall and on to the Gas and Go gas station on Rovira drive.


 

According to Google Maps, the distance there and back is 7 kilometers. Compared to my first ride on the day I purchased the bicycle, I view this as a major victory. Having reached this goal, I can see this route as my regular routine until I'm ready to jump to a 10K ride every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment