Wednesday, July 28, 2021

This Week's Cycling


 

I mentioned in Saturday's blog post that I had reached a personal record that morning by cycling 7 kilometers. Today, I'll post an update on my cycling this week.

I decided to rest from cycling on Sunday; Monday morning I rode again to the Gas & Go gasoline station, taking a slightly alternate route on the return, passing near the Judyville Subdivision. This alternate route probably added 100 meters to the total trip.

Feeling confident Tuesday morning, I thought I'd up the ante by biking the entire length of the Diversion road, from our house to the National Hwy, up to Rovira Dr. in Camanjac and returning home. That route would have been 8.7 kilometers, with a bit of an upward grade. I was not able to go more that about 6 kilometers that morning.

Today, not feeling fully rested, I knew I'd not be able to ride the entire way to the Gas & Go, but I headed in that direction, taking a left when I reached Larena Dr. making today's ride about 5.7 km.


 

The numbers show a decline as the week progressed. So, the question is - do I take a rest day tomorrow, coming back Friday - or do I see how the ride goes tomorrow and take Saturday as a rest day. I'm inclined to rest Thursday, riding Friday and Saturday with rest on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment