Monday, May 24, 2021

A New Route


 

It's been a little over two months since I purchased a bicycle. On average, I've managed to ride the bicycle four or five days a week - usually about 6:00 AM. I've done my riding on the Diversion road in Sibulan, which is pretty much deserted at that time of morning. It's been slow going.

For a few weeks, my goal was to make it to the Kansi Native Chicken Restaurant, a little over a km from our house. At first it was a struggle getting to the restaurant without stopping for a breather along the way. There is a slight grade going there and returning home has always been a bit easier.

Once I managed to make to and from the restaurant without a rest stop, I made it my goal to make it to the end of the Diversion road in Camanjac, a distance of about 2 1/2 miles, round trip. Again, with the slight grade, I can't make it to the end of the road without a rest - even in an easy gear - but the return ride is done non-stop using a harder gear.

This morning, I wanted to take a different route. Rather than ride along the Diversion road, I went instead to the Tubtubon Barangay hall. The distance there and back is a little shorter than to the end of Diversion road - 2 miles, versus 2 1/2 miles. However, I was able to go the entire 2 miles without a rest stop. So, there's some gain.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment