Sunday, July 11, 2021

Evil Under the Sun

Having finished And Then There Were None a few days ago, I consulted the The Agatha Christie Bibliography to see which of her novels I needed to download and add to my Kindle. The next three, in order were Sad Cypress - One, Two, Buckle My Shoe and Evil Under the Sun . Thankfully, all three books featured Hercule Poirot and were quick, enjoyable reads.

Evil Under the Sun is the more famous of the three - I recall watching the 1982 film version starring Peter Ustinov, although I had forgotten many of the details. I found the movie at OK.RU and decided to watch it again before continuing on with my reading of Christie novels.

The film is reasonably faithful to the novel and I enjoyed watching it. Of course, film producers always seem to want to deviate from whatever book they've adapted. I don't really understand the point of changing a few characters or making alterations in the plot. Fortunately, the killer(s) remained the same.

Following Evil Under the Sun , the next in line is the 1941 mystery novel, N or M? . I wasn't enthusiastic about starting that particular book. The two main characters are Tommy and Tuppence and I haven't cared for any story in which they appeared. Added to that, the story is a World War II spy novel. I much prefer the old murder mystery.

I've gone ahead and started N or M? and honestly, I don't really care for it. I'll finish it, however, as I don't want to leave out any Agatha Christie novel I'm able to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment