Thursday, June 17, 2021

Why Didn't They Ask Evans?

Upon finishing Murder on the Orient Express , I immediately consulted the Agatha Christie bibliography to find my next book. I discovered, Why Didn't They Ask Evans? . For me, a more proper title might have been, Why Did I Bother to Read This Book?

This is far and away the strangest, most bizarre Agatha Christie novel I've read to date. The amazing thing is that when it was published in 1934, the book received glowing reviews. That is the greater mystery.

Often times Christie would come up with an off the wall ending to her mystery novel. She outdid herself in offthewalledness with Why Didn't They Ask Evans? . Had this been my first exposure to the work of Agatha Christie, I would not have read anything else written by her. I really can't say enough about how much I disliked this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment