Saturday, June 5, 2021

More Agatha Christie

At the end of May, I left off reading Anthony Trollope's Chronicles of Barsetshire series and took up reading the works of Agatha Christie. I had read her first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, in 2014, when that was the only novel written by her that was in the public domain and free for download at Project Gutenberg. Since that time, five additional books have become available for download there.

With a bit of searching, I discovered that all of Christie's novels are available somewhere for download, although those novels are not in the public domain. One particular website makes them all available as EPUB files. Of course, these cannot be read on Kindle in that format. There are however, sites which will convert EPUB to MOBI free of charge. I was able to download a few and convert and place into the queue. I'm not sure if posting a link to the website where I found the EPUB files is a good idea.

In the past week, I've managed to read six Christie novels (with a 7th novel currently being read). Four of the six are in the Hercule Poirot canon. Of the works I've read so far, I prefer the Poirot.

Book seven is The Secret of Chimneys . When I've finished this one, I'll return to the Poirot canon with The Mystery of the Blue Train. I've still have a few more to read before I come upon the first novel featuring Miss Marple, The Murder at the Vicarage.

No comments:

Post a Comment