Saturday, June 5, 2021

Is Google AdSense Worth the Hassle?


 

Since day one of this blog, I've attempted to display Google AdSense ads. So far, I've been unsuccessful. I've found this to be odd on Googles' part as I've had AdSense on two others blogs for quite a long time.

I regularly receive emails from Google AdSense letting me know that the site isn't ready for ads. The emails suggest that the problem lies with a lack of content on this blog. That's a puzzle to me, as I try to update this blog on a regular basis. I suspect that the problem may actually be that Google doesn't particularly care for the content I place into this blog. Fair enough, I suppose.

When these emails appear in my inbox, I'm told to go to the "sites" area on the AdSense website. Going there, I see that this blog, robertsimms.blogspot.com isn't "ready", although my other blogs, sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken.blogspot.com and dumaguetewebsite.blogspot.com are shown as being OK. Everything says the AdSense status of those two blogs is working fine, however, as I write this, AdSense is not working on either of those blogs.

I suppose Google AdSense is dissatisfied with my performance. That works both ways. My sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken.blogspot.com blog has been active on AdSense for quite a long time, but it has been years since I've received any money from Google. As a matter of fact, my last payment was received in Sept. 2013. The program really isn't as profitable as Google would have us believe.

I have to wonder if it's even worth the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment