Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Murder on the Orient Express

At the half-way point of my month of reading the works of Agatha Christie, I've just finished reading one of her more famous books, Murder on the Orient Express. Of course, I've watched film and television adaptations of the novel - although it's been several years.

It has been so long, in fact, I had forgotten most of the details of the story. Once I had begun reading, however, most of the plot came back to me, even though certain details remained forgotten.

I had not realized that the novel was "inspired" by the kidnapping and murder of Charles Lindbergh's son in 1932. I had not put 2 and 2 together, but it would have been evident to the readers of the book in 1934 when it was first published. Seems a bit exploitative to me. 

Be that as it may, it was worth the time I put in reading the e-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment