Tuesday, February 1, 2022

January 2022 Reading List

As January was coming toward an end, I was hoping I could manage to read 12 books this month; the graphic accompanying this post would have looked much more balanced with an even number of books. As I write this post, it is still January 31, but with still 37% unread, it's unlikely that I'll finish reading Tim Powers' The Anubis Gates in time to make the list. At any rate, it will be the first on the Feb. 2022 reading list.

Of the 11 books read this month, 10 were ebooks and one printed hard-cover edition. This month, as a change, I will provide links to each ebook listed, so anyone interested can locate a copy.

I've reviewed a few of the books on the list, but not all. I'll also be giving a rating for all the books. Of course, that will be based on my personal opinion and anyone is free to disagree.

As a side note, with 11 books in January 2022, I'm one book ahead of January 2021.



Buddhism and Abortion                   Damien Keown (editor.) 5 stars
Fancies and Goodnights                  John Collier 4.5 stars
Hannibal and Me                             Andreas Kluth 3.5 stars
Das Boot                                           Lothar-Günther Buchheim 4 stars
Hannibal                                          Ernle Bradford 4.5 stars
The night in Lisbon                           Erich Maria Remarque 5 stars
Scipio Africanus:                               B.H. Liddell Hart 3 stars
A Long Petal of the Sea                     Isabel Allende 2 stars
Living Buddha, Living Christ           Thich Nhat Hanh 3.5 stars
The Way of Chuang Tzu                    Thomas Merton 2.5 stars
Zhuangzi: Basic writings                  Burton Watson (TL) 2.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment