Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The August Reading List

For several years, posting a list of the books I've read during the year onto my sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken blog has been an annual event. When I began posting most of my doings to this blog, I posted the annual list for 2020 here as well.

Beginning in January, I began listing the books read on a monthly basis rather than annually.

In April, the list was made up by 15 dystopian novels.

In May, the list was rather small - with four novels by Anthony Trollope (whose novel The Fixed Period was the last dystopian novel of April) and two by Agatha Christie. Those two Christie novels was the beginning of a quest.

The book lists for June and July were made up entirely of novels by Agatha Christie. This list for August will likewise be of only Christie novels.

Counting the two Christie novels read in May, the total number of her novels (and collections) I've read to date is 58. With luck, I should be finished with Agatha Christie by the end of September.

So, here is the list of books I've read in August,

A Murder Is Announced
They Came to Baghdad
Mrs. McGinty's Dead
They Do It With Mirrors
After the Funeral
A Pocket Full of Rye
Destination Unknown
Hickory Dickory Dock
Dead Man's Folly
4:50 From Paddington
Ordeal by Innocence
Cat Among the Pigeons
The Pale Horse
The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side

No comments:

Post a Comment