Wednesday, September 29, 2021

South Korea: Ban Sale of Dog Meat - Legalize Human Abortions

I recently read in the Korean Times that a nationwide ban on the sale of dog meat was gaining momentum, which I took to be a positive step for their country. Although I have no logical or moral reason against the eating of dog meat, I'm like many Westerners who are emotionally squeamish regarding the practice. I feel like my telling someone they can't eat dog meat however, is similar to someone telling me I can't eat beef or pork.

Still, if the Koreans choose to ban the selling of dog meat for food, then I am all for it.

It bothers me, on the other hand to learn that South Korea's Constitutional Court recently ruled the 66-year abortion ban must be lifted. The people of that country are too 'humane' to eat a certain type of animal, but their version of the Supreme Court is fine with the killing of unborn babies.

Former South Koren Prosecutor General Yoon Seok-youl said "As a dog owner, I am of course opposed to the consumption of dogs." He later called it "a matter of personal choice." Sounds just like American politicians discussing abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment