Sunday, January 10, 2021

Life Beyond F@ceb**k


 

With many tech giants banning Donald Trump from social media platforms, quite a few Conservatives have headed towards newer platforms - like Parler and MeWe. In November, I looked into both Parler and MeWe. I was dissatisfied with Facebook, not for political reasons, but because my blog, sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken had been banned from Facebook because - they say - the blog is a spam site. Nothing I could say or do would change the decision of the nerd at Facebook who is responsible for the banishment.

I didn't care for Parler. It looked sparse to me - more like Twitter. I had never understood the appeal of Twitter so Parlor seemed superfluous.

On the other hand, I like MeWe. It's growing slowing. I don't have the number of friends on MeWe as on Facebook, but it'll take time.

Anyone interested in finding me on MeWe can copy and paste the followin web address: www.mewe.com/i/robertsimms7.  Unfortunately, blogger will not allow me to post these addresses as links. In addition to my regular MeWe account, I've opened a group called - www.mewe.com/join/lifeinphilippines. I'll be able to post links to all my blogs as well as photos from in and around Sibulan, Negros Oriental.

As I write this, this particular blog hasn't been banned. I thought, however, I'd include a screen shot of my banned blog which will be displayed when this post is published.

No comments:

Post a Comment