Monday, January 1, 2024

The Books I Read in 2023


 

This being the first day of 2024, I thought I'd look back on the books I read in 2023. I'll be putting in links to each of my monthly book lists for the year. Unfortunately, there's no reading list for June, 2023. I was stuck trying to read One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez. I wasn't able to finish the book - try as I might. You might say that month was a washout. I still managed to read 63 books in 2023, better than the "one book-a-week habit" mentioned in yesterday's post.

I started reading The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham the last few days of December and it will be the first novel finished in 2024.

Last January, I was able to read two books by Japanese mystery writer, Seishi Yokomizo.(I'd read two in the previous December). Since that time another of his books has been translated into English and released - The Devils Flute Murders. I'll put it into the queue for January. Another of his books has been translated and due for release in May, 2024.

Looking over some of the book lists for 2023, I'm reminded that I should pick up Patricia Highsmith again. I'll take a look at her profile and put something by her into the queue.

Two books I'll be putting into the queue are by Nigerian writer, Femi Kayode - Lightseekers and Gaslight. These are #1 and #2 in a crime series involving investigative psychologist, Dr. Philip Taiwo.

Naturally, I'll be continuing on with Donna Leon's series featuring Commissario Guido Brunetti.

Below are the links to the 11 posts covering the books I read in 2023.

January 2023
February 2023
March 2023
April 2023
May 2023
July 2023
August 2023
September 2023
October 2023
November 2023
December 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment