Wednesday, May 31, 2023

The Reading list for May, 2023


Well, today is the last day of May and I'm not likely to finish another book before the month is out, so I'll go with the five I've managed to finish this month.

I was able to post a review of sorts for four of the five:
The Talented Mr. Ripley  by Patricia Highsmith
The Lost World  by Arthur Conan Doyle
A Game for the Living  by Patricia Highsmith
and  I’m Glad My Mom Died  by Jennette McCurdy

The only one that I didn't review was another Patricia Highsmith novel, The Blunderer.

I've already started on the first two books that will be on the list for June. I found one of the books - Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on the list of  The 9 Books you Must Read in 2023. The other is a book by Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude. I'd already read two books by García Márquez and liked what I'd read. I've come upon several lists where One Hundred Years of Solitude is named as one of the greatest novels of all time. Of course, I had to put it into the queue. I give the book high marks, although I would hardly classify it has the best thing I've ever read. It's good, but overrated in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment