Wednesday, November 1, 2023

The October, 2023 Reading List


 

Upon finishing The Twelve Chairs earlier this month, I decided to go back to reading mystery/detective novels with the work of Donna Leon. Counting the three I read this month, I've managed to read 10 of her 32 Guido Brunetti novels. Her 11th in the series,Willful Behaviour will be the first on my November book list. Leon's novels take place in Venice, and although I really enjoy her work, I was feeling a bit "water-logged" after #10 and decided to take a break and go back to Elizabeth George's Inspector Lynley series.

I read George's first novel, A Great Deliverance in February. I can't recall my reason for not reading more in her series then, but better late then never I suppose. I've managed to get back up to speed with the complicated lives of Lynley, Havers, St James (and wife) and Lady Helen Clyde.

I'll be sticking with Leon and George for the time being. I've only 39 novels to go.

The list for October, 2023 -

The Twelve Chairs     by Ilya Ilf & Yevgeny Petrov
Fatal Remedies      by Donna Leon
Friends In High Places    by Donna Leon
A Sea of Troubles      by Donna Leon
Payment In Blood     by Elizabeth George
Well-Schooled in Murder    by Elizabeth George
A Suitable Vengeance      by Elizabeth George

No comments:

Post a Comment