Friday, July 1, 2022

Reading List For June, 2022

A new month has arrived and so the time has come to post another monthly book list. This list contains twelve books - the most since the March Reading List.

I didn't post a review for every book on the list (there are links for those I did review), but I have to say that I found all 12 of the books read in June to be worthy of recommendation.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that I enjoyed the 3 novels written by Japanese writers - Kenzaburō Ōe, Shusaku Endo, and Naoya Shiga. The genre is a favorite of mine.

 A pleasant surprise for me was my discovery of the Egyptian writer, Naguib Mahfouz. One of his novels was recommended to me by the website where I get most of the books I read - 1lib.ph. The wikipedia article linked to gives Mahfouz' most famous novels as The Cairo Trilogy and Children of Gebelawi (also known as Children of Our Alley). The last two books on this list are the first two books in The Cairo Trilogy . The third book in the trilogy will be the first book I'll read in July. (Children of Gebelawi will be the 2nd book I'll read in July.)

So now, the list -

The Silent Cry     by Kenzaburō Ōe
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn   by Mark Twain
Created Equal: The Painful Past, Confusing Present, and Hopeful Future of Race in America   by Dr Ben Carson
The Caged Virgin   by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Mortality   by Christopher Hitchens
Scandal   by Shusaku Endo
Einstein's Dreams   by Alan Lightman
The Founding Myth:Why Christian Nationalism Is Un-American   by Andrew L Seidel
A Dark Night's Passing   by Naoya Shiga
Black Water   by Joyce Carol Oates
Palace Walk   by Naguib Mahfouz
Palace of Desire   by Naguib Mahfouz

No comments:

Post a Comment