Friday, April 1, 2022

The March Reading List

April has arrived, and with it comes the list of books I read in March.

March is, of course 3 days longer than a normal February so naturally the list for March will include more books than the previous month.

Like February, the books I read In March were exclusively Sci-Fi Time Travel novels. Honestly, some were much better than others. Not only will this post contain the list of books read in March, but I'll also give my picks for the top five time travel books (read since my quest began in February).

First, the Top Five:
1) the "Oxford Time Travel series" by Connie Willis. This is actually a four book series, but for the purposes of my "top five" list, I'm counting the series as one book.
2) The Time Traveler's Wife   by Audrey Niffenegger.
3) Kindred   by Octavia Butler.
4) Slaughterhouse-Five    by Kurt Vonnegut.
5) The Time Machine   by H.G. Wells and it's sequel The Time Ships   by Stephen Baxter. Although these are two different books by two different writers, again for the purposes of my list, I'm counting these as one book.

Although some others were less than my favorite, there are two that deserve to be mentioned as the worst. The Thief of Time  by Terry Pratchett (which I couldn't bring myself to finish) and Time Enough For Love  by Robert Heinlein.

This month I'll be reading non- time travel books written by some of the writers in my time travel list. I've already put eight books in the queue. These will include books by Octavia Butler, Connie Willis, H.G. Wells and Stephen Baxter. More on that later.

So, here's the list for March.

The Time Traveler's Wife   by Audrey Niffenegger.
Tourmalin's Time Cheques  by F. Anstey.
The Langoliers  by Stephen King.
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August  by Claire North.
The End of Eternity  by Isaac Asimov.
The Chronoliths  by Robert Charles Wilson.
The Accidental Time Machine   by Joe Haldeman.
Tau Zero   by Poul Anderson.
Slaughterhouse-Five   by Kurt Vonnegut.
Kindred   by Octavia Butler.
All You Need Is Kill    by Hiroshi Sakurazaka.
The Masks of Time   by Robert Silverberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment