Sunday, April 5, 2020

Snus Hunt

Thankfully, I gave up tobacco products twenty eight years ago. Prior to quitting, I smoked cigarettes for many years and I know the difficulties tobacco users experience when forced to do without his or her fix.

Even in these days of ECQ, cigarettes are still relatively easy to come by, but for those using smokeless tobacco (aka snuff, "dip") finding the fix isn't the same. Even under the best of times, it is nearly impossible to find dip in Dumaguete.

My friend, "B1". is stranded here in Negros due to the travel ban during these covid19 days. B1 is one of those who use smokeless tobacco, and not expecting to be stranded here indefinitely, he did not bring enough to last longer than two weeks. Needless to say, he's not happy.

I wanted to help him in his time of desperation.

I thought of another friend, "B2" who also dipped and I contacted him to see if he could help. B2 knew a brand of dip called Snus was available for delivery from Cebu and he suggested I Google "snus in Cebu". Doing that, I was led to the Facebook page of Swedesnus.

I wasn't quite sure that Swedesnus would be able to deliver Snus during these days of Quarantine. While on the page, I saw that another of my Facebook friends, "R" liked the Swedesnus Facebook page. I contacted R and he told of his friend, "J" who sells Snus locally.


Long story short, I contacted J who provided a cell phone number for B1 to text. I've since heard from B1 who tells me he has hooked up with J and will soon have a supply of Snus.

All in a days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment