Saturday, April 18, 2020

Bob Dylan Has Left The Planet

There was a time, many, many years ago, when I believed Bob Dylan to be a poetic genius. When I was in High School, his album Blonde On Blonde was the latest thing and his earlier Rock LPs, Highway 61 Revisited and Bringing It All Back Home were still relatively new and exciting.

Anyone who has read my post from last week (written on another blog)  - Music Most Lame, knows that Dylan is no longer my Fave.

This change in my opinion of Bob Dylan isn't recent. I had been less than impressed when he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, and when he predicted President Obama would win re-election by a landslide in 2012, I referred to Dylan as a Senile Old Coot.

However, with the release of his latest song, I Contain Multitudes  I have completely given up all hope for him. In one verse, Dylan says he is "just like Anne Frank".

Seriously?! Anne Frank?!

In what possible world can Bob Dylan be compared to Anne Frank?

I believe Dylan has finally lost his freakin' mind - and I'm talkin' Joe Biden-like senility.

No comments:

Post a Comment