Sunday, April 19, 2020

Matt Drudge's Click-Bait


I recently visited Drudge Report where I came upon a photo of the Obamas with the following link: "How Obamas could easily win 12 more years in White House....."

Naturally, I had to take the bait. There's obviously no way that could happen.

When I clicked, I was directed to a NY Post Opinion piece - How the Obamas could easily win eight more years in the White House. The theory behind the opinion piece is plausible - Joe Biden picks Michelle Obama as his running mate, they beat Trump in November, because she is so popular. The next step would be for Sleepy Joe to resign the day after his inauguration due to his poor health.

The writer of the opinion piece goes on to envision Michelle Obama being re-elected in 2024. Of course one can argue if such a scenario would actually play itself out, but I don't understand Drudge's need to alter the story's headline.

No comments:

Post a Comment