Monday, May 2, 2022

Bellwether by Connie Willis

Anyone familiar with this blog knows that I'm a big fan of Connie Willis. I choose her four part Oxford time travel series as my #1 favorite time travel book.(I had classified the four volumes as one "book").

For the first non-time travel book by Willis, I picked her 1996 novel, Bellwether.  Like her novel To Say Nothing of The Dog , this book is clever, witty and funny in the right places. I highly recommend it.

That being said, I am puzzled by one thing regarding this wonderful book. I don't really understand why it is classified as "Science Fiction". Sure, it's fiction and there are loads of scientists in the book, as well as lots talk of science in general. However, there's no time travel, nor aliens nor space travel as you'd usually associate with Sci-fi.

Still, I can't say enough how much I enjoyed this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment