Tuesday, January 4, 2022

More Strange Behavior from Facebook

Anyone who has read this blog for any length of time knows of my occasional disagreements with Facebook. Heck, this blog was created, due to Facebook having banned another blog for allegedly going against community standards. I dare anyone to objectively read either of my blogs and find anything offensive.

Today, I received another message from Facebook informing me that a link I had posted last year from dumaguetemetropost was also being removed today because it "violated community standards".

The article linked to is entitled "New year heroes", and I had forgotten most of the details of that editorial, but I was certain that there could be nothing in it that warranted Facebook's removal of the link.

With the help of Google, I was able to locate the editorial (linked to above) from dumaguetemetropost.com's archives.

Someone at Facebook has lost their mind.

The editorial is dealing with COVID, and Facebook is sensitive regarding anything posted about the virus, but there is certainly nothing in the editorial to justify Facebook's behavior. There isn't any false information being given, no fake news.

If anyone should be a judge of the community standards of Dumaguete and Negros Oriental, I would trust the dumaguetemetropost over Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment