Thursday, January 6, 2022

Bicycle Repaired


A day or so before Christmas, my bicycle was damaged while I was on my morning ride. It's difficult for me to explain exactly what happened. I was just past the Tubtubon Barangay hall when I felt a problem with the bicycle chain.

The chain had come loose, with the end result being a flat rear tire and a damaged derailleur. Whether the loosened chain was the result of the flat tire, or if the chain problem ultimately led to the flat is hard for me to determine. It's like the question of the chicken and the egg.

So, I'm about 2 kilometers from home, with a damaged bicycle. How was I to get back to the house?

Fortunately, I had not been down long when I a saw a pick-up truck heading my way. I flagged the driver and offered him php200 to take me and the bicycle to the Magatas Barangay hall. He was kind enough to take me and the bike where I needed to go.......refusing to accept the php200. It was almost Christmas, he said.

The end result of all this was that I've been unable to ride my bicycle for two weeks. I had to wait until after payday before I could have the necessary repair work done .

This morning, I was finally able to get the bike back on the road. We managed to locate a bicycle mechanic who came to the house today.

He replaced the derailleur, put in a new tube and rotated the front and rear tires. Naturally, I've a few photos.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment