Monday, January 17, 2022

And it Comes Out Where?


 

If one travels along Motong Road from the Motong Brgy. Hall to the Morning Star Gas station, you'll run into Boni Catarata. Taking a right on Boni Catarata will take you to Rovira Drive. A left turn onto Rovira takes you to Brgy. Camanjac - a right turn takes you to Brgy. Pulantubig. Looking directly across Rovira, one sees an unnamed road. This road can be seen in the first photo of this blog post. In this post, I will refer to that road as "entrance X".

One day, my friend Ken R. and I were talking about entrance X (although we didn't call it that back then). Neither of us had traveled down that road and we were both mildly interested in where it might lead. I had my own theory about that.

My Theory

Although I may change up the route from time to time, my usual bike ride takes me along Dionesio Calbat. I'll turn right at the Tubtubon Brgy. Hall and head toward Rovira Drive at the old Alymae intersection. The road coming from Tubtubon ends at another unnamed road - left goes (after a fashion) to Rovira. I had hitherto never taken a right turn there - I had no reason to, but it was this right turn which I believed might come out at entrance X.


 

One morning, I decided to test my theory. It turns out that I was mistaken. Rather than take me to entrance X, the right turn ended in what can best be described as a pig trail. A path. One could, of course follow the path on foot, motorcycle or bicycle. I was not inclined to do so.

Yesterday, I decided to settle the question, once and for all. I would enter entrance X from Rovira and see where it takes me. It could very well end at a pig trail too.

Most of entrance X is a paved road, although it will convert to a gravel road in spots. That's par for the course here.


 

When I reached the end, I could not have been more surprised. It wasn't a surprise that the road would run into Capt. A Cornelia Rd., but I never suspected the road would end at the Xuekashi Motorparts store. Heck, I ride by there almost every day and never noticed a road directly across from the motor parts store. Well, live and learn.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment