Friday, October 8, 2021

The New Saddle - A Quick Review


 

In yesterday's blog post I told of purchasing a new bicycle saddle online and swapping out the saddle that had come with my bike. The old saddle was less than comfortable and I had read a number of good things about the Vertu Spyder saddle and wanted to give it a try.

I had already had my morning ride when the saddle arrived yesterday. I promised to put on the new saddle for my ride today and subsequently review the saddle.

A few of my friends who had seen the photos of the saddle were skeptical. There's no padding on the saddle and most found the idea that it could be comfortable counterintuitive.

I went out early this morning for 8.6 km (5.3 miles) run.

The saddle is definitely more comfortable than my previous saddle. I can't put a number on how much better it feels, or an explanation why it should feel better. I suppose the shape and contours of the Spyder saddle have something to do with it.

In all fairness, it's difficult to assess the saddle until I've ridden on it for at least a week. I can say that after this one ride, I am pleased with the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment