Thursday, October 5, 2023

Today's Flat Tire Adventure


 

After my bicycle ride yesterday morning, I determined that I only needed about 36 miles, spread over the three remaining days, to achieve 100 miles for the week. My average daily ride for the first half of the week was just over 15 miles. I wasn't certain that I wanted to do 45 miles in the last 3 days, but 12 miles a day shouldn't be a problem.

This morning, about 8 miles into my ride I got a flat rear tire. I think it's been six or eight months since I last got a rear flat. I turned off the bike app I was using and started pushing the bike in search of a vulcanizing shop. Fortunately, I only had to walk 1/4 mile.



As it turned out, there were 2 pin-prick punctures. Two patches. The cost for the repair was ₱60 ($1.06 USD). I felt it was worth a ₱40 tip (0.71 USD).

With my tire repaired, I turned on the bike app and continued my ride, getting a total of 13.7 miles for today.







No comments:

Post a Comment