Saturday, May 2, 2020

Land O Lakes Changes Their Packaging


Thanks to a meme I discovered on Facebook, I've learned that Land O Lakes is changing the logo they've been using on their butter packages.

The photo at the beginning of this post is reported to be of the new packaging.

The meme, posted below, makes a joke about the change being typically American - removing the native American, but keeping the land.



It surprised me to learn that Land o Lakes was making this change, but they've actually changed the packaging before. I hadn't realized that the portrait of the native American woman was very different from the one I remembered as a child. The full body image had been removed a number of years ago.



The packaging I remembered from childhood is shown below.



It seems a shame to me that children will no longer be familiar with the little game played with the Land O Lakes package from the 1950's.

No comments:

Post a Comment