Friday, August 16, 2024

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (J.K.Rowling)

I've managed to finish reading the 2nd novel in J.K.Rowling's (written under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith) Cormoran Strike series The Silkworm. There were times when I wasn't at all certain I would finish this book - to say nothing of finishing all seven books in the series.

I understand that in this day and time, writers of crime/mystery novels feel the need to write in a more graphic manner. However, the amount of violence and bizarre sexual activities in The Silkworm was a bit much for me. That's not to say that the sex and violence was gratuitous....it was a necessary element to the story, but these were elements I thought were a bit over the top. It remains to be seen if I'll return to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment