Sunday, February 18, 2024

My Sister, the Serial Killer. by Oyinkan Braithwaite


 

Back in January while reading two novels by Femi Kayode, I came upon a review of one of his novels, written by "Oyinkan Braithwaite, author of My Sister, the Serial Killer." Naturally, with a title like that, I had to locate her book and put it in the queue.

On the Goodreads website, someone describes her book this way-"My Sister, the Serial Killer is a blackly comic novel about how blood is thicker - and more difficult to get out of the carpet - than water..." . That's an pretty fair description.

It was originally published in Nigeria as an e-book entitled Thicker Than Water in 2017, before being released in the United States in November, 2018.

I wouldn't say the book is uproariously funny, but there are comic elements and it's worth a read.

Oyinkan Braithwaite is the third Nigerian writer that I've read recently - the third being Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It's an interesting genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment